- Life/Work Balance – work where you want, when you want, and how much you want
- Ample, Steady Work- preparation and prosecution work from a mix of leading electrical and mechanical technology companies
- Diversity & Inclusion Focused Firm – leaders in D&I initiatives in the patent field, including the Harrity Academy, Harrity for Parity Women’s Workshop, and Minority Firm Incubator Programs
- Excellent Compensation Package- production-based, and includes comprehensive benefits
- Exceptional Opportunities – advance your career and gain experience in various areas, including business development and client management, and client counseling, as all clients are firm clients
- Positive, Innovative, Inclusive Firm Culture – opportunities to work with cutting edge technology, a collaborative & family-friendly work environment, and a dedicated support team
Our team loves working at Harrity because of the culture. A few things that we do differently include:
- Our work environment is casual.
- We balance work and our personal lives.
- Our environment fosters collaboration, creativity, and growth.
- We hold book clubs, webinars, and morning meet ups.
- We are continuously learning.
- We always have a positive attitude.
We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practices. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
PATENT DRAFTING ATTORNEY
Harrity & Harrity, LLP is looking for remote (within U.S.) or local patent professional superstars to prepare patent applications for leading global technology companies, including numerous Patent 300® companies.
Who you are:
- You have excellent writing skills
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have a substantial recent experience drafting patent applications in software, semiconductor, or 4G/5G technologies (Former Patent Examiner experience is a plus)
- You are USPTO registered
- You can get going quickly with minimal training
- You have a great eye for detail
- You love winning
- You are a great teammate
- You love making clients happy
- You have a positive attitude
- You love learning
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE PATENT COURSES
The Harrity Academy is a free program which introduces diverse participants to the field of patent law, provides exclusive training, practice materials, and mentorship, and teaches how to effectively and efficiently draft and prosecute high-quality patent applications. The goal of this program is to help increase the number of diverse candidates entering the patent field while enhancing the quality of their overall practice.
The Harrity Academy is comprised of three courses: Patent Basics, Patent Drafting, and Patent Prosecution. Courses will be broken into regularly scheduled online classes and include practice assignments, speakers, and one-on-one mentorship throughout the course duration.
- You have or are obtaining a technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent fields from an accredited college or university;
- You are able and willing to commit to every scheduled class in the selected course;
- You are female and/or considered a minority in the legal field, pursuant to the Vault and Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) Guidelines [African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Alaska Native/American Indian, Asian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Multiracial, Openly LGBTQ, U.S. Veteran, and/or Individual with Disabilities]