- Life/Work Balance – work where you want, when you want, and how much you want
- Ample, Steady Work- preparation and prosecution work from a mix of leading electrical and mechanical technology companies
- Excellent Compensation Package- production-based, and includes comprehensive benefits
- Exceptional Opportunities – advance your career and gain experience in various areas, including business development and client management, and client counseling, as all clients are firm clients
- Positive, Innovative Firm Culture – opportunities to work with cutting edge technology, a collaborative work environment, and a dedicated support team
Our team loves working at Harrity because of the culture. A few things that we do differently include:
- Our work environment is casual.
- We balance work and our personal lives.
- Our environment fosters collaboration, creativity, and growth.
- We hold book clubs, webinars, and morning meet ups.
- We are continuously learning.
- We always have a positive attitude.
We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practices. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Associate Patent Attorney
Harrity & Harrity, LLP is looking for remote or local patent professional superstars to prepare and/or prosecute patent applications for leading global technology companies, including numerous Patent 300® companies.
Who you are:
- You have excellent writing skills
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have a technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or equivalent fields
- You have 3+ years of recent preparation or prosecution experience (former Patent Examiner experience is a plus)
- You have experience in patent prosecution for any of of the following technology areas: software, telecommunications (4G/5G is a plus), 3D printing, aerospace, automotive technology, biometrics, blockchain, business methods, clean technology, consumer electronics/products, digital media, e-commerce, electrical & computer technology, financial & business services, industrial manufacturing, IoT, lasers, magnetics, medical devices, networking technology, optics, robotics, semiconductors, sensors, virtual/augmented reality, unmanned aerial systems, wireless networks
- You can get going quickly with minimal training
- You have a great eye for detail
- You love winning
- You are a great teammate
- You love making clients happy
- You have a positive attitude
- You love learning
FREE PATENT COURSES
The Harrity Academy is a free program which introduces diverse participants to the field of patent law, provides exclusive training, practice materials, and mentorship, and teaches how to effectively and efficiently draft and prosecute high-quality patent applications. The goal of this program is to help increase the number of diverse candidates entering the patent field while enhancing the quality of their overall practice.
The Harrity Academy is comprised of three courses: Patent Basics, Patent Drafting, and Patent Prosecution. Courses will be broken into regularly scheduled online classes and include practice assignments, speakers, and one-on-one mentorship throughout the course duration. Our first course is Patent Basics, which will be held weekly from 9/8/2020 – 9/29/2020.
- You have a technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent fields;
- You are able and willing to commit to every scheduled class in the selected course;
- You are female and/or considered a minority in the legal field, pursuant to the Vault and Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) Guidelines [African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Alaska Native/American Indian, Asian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Multiracial, Openly LGBTQ, U.S. Veteran, and/or Individual with Disabilities]