BY PREVIOUS ATTENDEES
Harrity is excited to host our seventh annual women’s patent workshop, Harrity for Parity™. Please fill out the following application to partake in this four-day long program geared towards an introduction to the practice of patent law and patent skills and career training. This program will take place virtually for four days in May 2024 via Zoom and is open to female science and engineering students, law school students, and recent graduates.
Program Application Process:
Applications will be accepted through May 5, 2024. Candidates must submit a resume with the completed application, with the option to submit a writing sample to be considered for one-on-one writing skills training.
The Harrity for Parity™ Women’s Workshop includes:
Guest Speakers (Prominent women in the patent field)
Patent Law Introductory Training
Patent Preparation Skills Training
Patent Prosecution Skills Training
Writing Skills Training by Writing Expert, Julie Seitz
Resume and Interview Preparation Workshops
Law School Career Mentoring
Attorney Career Mentoring
Patent Bar Preparation
Breakfast and Lunch
1. Be in good standing as a science/engineering student or law student at an ABA accredited law school, or be a recent law school graduate of an ABA accredited law school;
2. Demonstrate a record of academic achievement;
3. Have a sincere interest in Harrity and practicing patent law; and
4. Have a background in a technical field (e.g., B.S. in Electrical Engineering, B.S. in Computer Science, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar);
5. Be eligible to sit for the United States Patent Bar and reside in the U.S.