Harrity Writing Sample Test Challenge
Harrity & Harrity, LLP is challenging you to take our Writing Sample Test! This exercise will test your ability to draft an overview description and a claim for an electronic invention. Winners of the challenge will receive a free Oculus Quest Virtual Reality Headset just in time for the holidays!
The Harrity Writing Sample Test is used in our application process to screen candidates based on their patent application writing ability. All identifying information is removed prior to grading the test in order to remove any unconscious bias and ensure that the test is evaluated solely on the quality of the candidate’s submission. For this challenge, the Writing Sample Test will be graded based on five areas of criteria: Writing, Technical Proficiency, Instructions, Figure, and Claim. Contestants must earn a minimum passing score of 90 points (out of 100) to win an Oculus. While Harrity receives hundreds of applications every year, less than 10% of applicants pass the Writing Sample Test. Can you pass our test?
The deadline to submit your Writing Sample Test is Monday, December 14th, 2020. Winners will be notified by email and announced to our Social Media Pages on Tuesday, December 15th, 2020. Feedback will be provided to all contestants via email whether or not they win the challenge.
Our challenge is only open to individuals who have never taken the Harrity Writing Sample Test. There is a limit of one prize per person. You must be a registered patent agent or attorney with the USPTO to enter.
Harrity & Harrity has been named Vault’s 2021 Best Midsize Law Firm to work for. Harrity additionally topped the categories of associate and partner relations, diversity, firm culture, hours, satisfaction, and technology and innovation, while sharing the top spot for quality of work.
- Life/Work balance – work where you want, when you want, and how much you want
- Ample, steady preparation and prosecution work from a mix of leading electrical and mechanical technology companies
- Excellent compensation package that is production-based, and includes comprehensive benefits
- Opportunity for client counseling through direct client interaction, as all clients are firm clients
- Opportunity for career growth/development including training in business development and client management
- Innovative firm culture including cutting edge technology, collaborative work environment, and dedicated support team
We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practices. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.