Harrity Writing Sample Test Challenge for Diverse Candidates
Are you a diverse individual practicing patent law? Harrity & Harrity, LLP is challenging you to take our Writing Sample Test! This exercise will test your ability to draft an overview description and a claim for an electronic invention. Winners of the challenge will receive a free Oculus Quest Virtual Reality Headset!
While only the top performers will win an Oculus, Harrity is adding another reason to participate. The firm will donate $100 to its Harrity 4 Charity partner charities for every individual that takes the test. Participants can choose how to divide up the donation between the American Heart Association, ZERO: The End of Prostate Cancer, Inova Children’s Hospital, and No More Stolen Childhoods.
The Harrity Writing Sample Test is used in our application process to screen candidates based on their patent application writing ability. All identifying information is removed prior to grading the test in order to remove any unconscious bias and ensure that the test is evaluated solely on the quality of the candidate’s submission. For this challenge, the Writing Sample Test will be graded based on four areas of criteria: Writing, Technical Proficiency, Instructions, and Claim. Contestants must earn a minimum passing score of 90 points (out of 100) to win an Oculus. The test takes, on average, 2 hours to complete. While Harrity receives hundreds of applications every year, less than 10% of applicants pass the Writing Sample Test. Can you pass our test?
There is a limit of one prize per person. You must be a registered patent agent or attorney with the USPTO and identify as a minority in the patent field to enter.
- You are female and/or considered a minority in the legal field, pursuant to the Vault and Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) Guidelines [African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Alaska Native/American Indian, Asian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Multiracial, Openly LGBTQ+, and/or Individual with Disabilities]
- You are registered with the USPTO and reside in the US
Harrity & Harrity has been named Vault’s 2021 Best Midsize Law Firm to work for. Harrity additionally topped the categories of associate and partner relations, diversity, firm culture, hours, satisfaction, and technology and innovation, while sharing the top spot for quality of work.
- Life/Work balance – work where you want, when you want, and how much you want
- Ample, steady preparation and prosecution work from a mix of leading electrical and mechanical technology companies
- Excellent compensation package that is production-based, and includes comprehensive benefits
- Opportunity for client counseling through direct client interaction, as all clients are firm clients
- Opportunity for career growth/development including training in business development and client management
- Innovative firm culture including cutting edge technology, collaborative work environment, and dedicated support team
We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practices. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.