Questions covered in this discussion include:
- There is clear evidence that women and diverse groups are underrepresented in patents compared to their presence in the workforce. Why does diversity in innovation matter?
- Some resources have identified a number of causes for disparity in innovation, such as the pipeline, a leaky pipeline, and a lack of engagement. What have you found at your respective companies to be the biggest issue with regard to disparity in innovation?
- Diversity of Innovation is a complex problem. How did you go about addressing the issue within your company?
- Have you seen progress from your efforts? Are there areas you still need to work on? What key initiatives have you implemented?
- What recommendations would you give a company who is just beginning the process?
- Are there resources you found helpful, such as the Gender Diversity in Innovation Toolkit, developed by the IPO Women in IP Committee?
- How can your approved law firms support you in the process?
- Are there specific questions they should be asking during the inventor interview process?
- What is one thing our audience can do as a result of our amazing discussion?
You can watch the full session below.